Sunday, April 12, 2015

Detox Diet Plan the She'Shore Way


As promised here is your 3-5 day detox guide from my latest clean eating book She'Shore. I use this diet when I am trying to cinch in everything fast, or I know my eating habits were not clean and I need to clean out my system. Enjoy!

Start your day with one of my She'Shot recipes: 

Thinking Pink
1.5 cups fresh grapefruit juice
1 T Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar
2 tsp. pure maple syrup. 
Drink it quick! 

OR

Shore Shot
1/2 cup natural unsweetened apple juice
1 T Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar 

Shoot it quick! 

Then, accompany your shot with some yoga or stretching; anything to get your blood flowing and body ready to tackle the day. You may even be one of those morning workout individuals. If that is you, go for a full body workout. Remember, we just want to sweat to eliminate toxins and release negative energy to start a fresh day.

Breakfast:
After your workout dig into a scrumptious clean breakfast. Choose from the options below or create your own based on yesterdays blog post food lists.
~1/2 cup fruit with 1 egg (I like mine hardboiled)
~Cup of Almond Greek Yogurt with 1 T raisins and apple slices, don't forget your dash of cinnamon
~2 eggs scrambled with a handful of spinach, 1/4 cherry tomatoes, and sea salt.
~1/2 cup gluten free oats with 1/4 cup blueberries and 1/4 cup strawberries. Add a dash of cinnamon or 1 tsp honey if desired.
~Simple pancake: 1 banana, 1 egg mashed together. SO EASY. SO YUMMY. Top with a dollop of greek yogurt, handful of blueberries, some nut butter, or 2 T pure maple syrup. This can be found on YouTuber's Casey Ho, from Pop Pilates.

Drink Up Baby:
Remember throughout the day to drink drink drink. Try infused water with cucumber, mint, berries, oranges, lemons, limes...whatever, just get drinking water. Also, try Zico's (I would not recommend any other coconut water).

Grab a light lunch: 
~Endless amount of veggies and at least 4 ounces of lean protein. Avoid bottled salad dressings. They are high in sodium and unhealthy fats. I love topping 2 cups of leafy greens with chopped bell peppers, cucumber, tomatoes, and a sprinkle of oregano. Then drizzle on some olive oil with a dash of sea salt. Perfection! Include a piece of fruit with your lunch. This will help combat those sweet tooth cravings.

Workout:
In the afternoon (if you haven't had you BIG sweat session already) be prepared to get moving. Do this preferably before dinner before your body goes into shut down mode. Depending on your body, treat yourself to a Lara Bar before or after your workout. I usually eat mine after my workout to keep me from munching while I am preparing dinner.

Dinner:
Sit down for dinner. Make dinner a special occasion every night. This is a beautiful time to talk with your family or think on your day. Try one of my favorite dinners below...
~Baked salmon with side salad or steamed edamame.
~Grilled chicken skewers with pineapple, diced squash, onion, and bell pepper. (MY FAVORITE!)
~1/2 spaghetti squash with natural (low sugar) tomato sauce and a huge leafy green salad. Top your salad with balsamic vinegar or my oregano olive oil dressing above.

If you are still feeling hungry try an orange, Almond Greek Yogurt (If you didn't have this for breakfast), or a cup of warm green tea.

Sleep:
Get your shut eye! 6-8 hours is a necessity, especially while detoxing. A healthy body cannot function without a full dose of sleep. Sleep really is the best medicine.

I look forward in hearing all of your successful detox stories!!
~Rae


No comments:

Post a Comment