Saturday, April 11, 2015

Spring Detox


Did everyone have a Happy Easter? I know I did! Between all the chocolate bunny's, pineapple stuffing, deviled eggs, and ham I am still feeling STUFFED.


I am sure your schedules are becoming hectic as the warmer weather approaches (I know mine is) and in order for us to keep moving with an abundant amount of endless energy; we need to clean up all the toxins floating around in our system. This past week I couldn't help but notice how sluggish my entire body felt. I am blaming it on my 'Easter diet' so I have come up with a 3-5 day detox plan to get you feeling refreshed, revamped, and revitalized.

I believe a detox should be relaxing and pain free. (Please avoid those cleanses you can purchase in stores. If it is in a box, it is man made, and is obviously not natural or healthy).

I want you to fall in love with the list of foods below and feel free to follow my plan in tomorrow's post or create your own meals with the food list below:

Begin your day with a She'Shot from my She'Shore diet plan.

Thinking Pink
1.5 cups fresh grapefruit juice
1 T Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar
2 tsp. pure maple syrup. 
Drink it quick! 

OR

Shore Shot
1/2 cup natural unsweetened apple juice
1 T Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar 

Shoot it quick! 

Then fill up on all sorts of yummy natural foods for the remainder of the day...

Fruits: Strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, grapefruit, oranges, kiwi, lemon, lime, and pineapple. All of these fruits have an abundant amount of antioxidants so you can flush toxins easily.

Veggies: Kale, spinach, cucumbers, beets, squash, zucchini, cauliflower, green pepper, red pepper, and yellow pepper. All veggies listed are water soluble and fat flushing only to enhance your detox.

WASH ALL YOUR FRUITS AND VEGGIES!!! I repeat, WASH ALL YOUR FRUITS AND VEGGIES!!!! Pesticides and who knows what else are creeping all over your produce. Just a warning...

Go Nuts 
Enjoy walnuts, macadamia nuts, and cashews. All are loaded with healthy fats to keep you satisfied during the detox days. You want to stay satisfied (not stuffed, not full). We do not want a binge to happen. Believe me, binges are real when you are not satisfied, and the foods I hear people eat when they are on a binge cycle are typically not detox friendly.

Eat eggs w/ the yolk =) 
Eggs assist your body as you flush out heavy metals. I used to be afraid to eat the yolks because I was told egg whites were better...blah blah blah. Do not be afraid of the yolks! They make hair, skin, nails, and your heart healthy and happy.

Drink up!!!!! 
Drink at least half your body weight in ounces. Feel free to infuse your water with mint, cucumber, raspberries, lemons, oranges...the list could go on forever. Also try to consume Tazo green tea or life detox tea. (Any green tea will do as well)Tea supports digestions and will help you expel all the 'nasties' from your system.

Beat a sugar craving try:
~Almond greek yogurt w/ a dash of cinnamon, apple slices, and 1 T raisins.
~Apple spice warm tea with a dash of cinnamon
~1 T Natural nut butter with half of an apple
Do you notice the cinnamon trend???

Remember while you are on your detox diet to get moving. Run 5 miles, say "namaste", or lift weights. I DO NOT CARE. I just want you sweating! Sweating will remove tons of toxins clogging your lymphatic system and effecting your entire body.

Until Tomorrow Dolls,
~Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment